Welcome

I'm glad you want to join me in discovering more truth from the Bible. I'm not a theologian, just a disciple with an attentive ear to hear what the Spirit says. So let's listen closely . . .






Saturday, March 26, 2011

I have realized the reason the airplane floor gave way under my seat was because an in-coming missile blew it open. The thing about that missile is the plane's pilot had to give permission for it to hit right there.

I know God allowed Satan to afflict me with cancer. Nothing happens to His children that doesn't pass through His permission. The comforting thing is that I also know He prayed for me before this happened and continues to pray me through. In Luke 22:31-34, Jesus told Peter that he would deny Jesus. It is what Jesus told Peter in verses 31 and 32 that really spoke to me. He said Satan had asked to sift Peter like wheat but that Jesus had prayed for Peter already. Hebrews 7:25 came to mind as I read in Luke. It says that the purpose of Jesus' resurrected life is to pray continually for us.

So, no matter what I go through, Jesus already knew it was coming, allowed it, has prayed for me, and will pray me through.

Because of the chemotherapy, I imagine my tumor is screaming like the Wicked Witch of the West as she died, "I'm shrinking, I'm shrinking!" And of course, we know Who is really making it shrink.

No comments:

Post a Comment