Welcome

I'm glad you want to join me in discovering more truth from the Bible. I'm not a theologian, just a disciple with an attentive ear to hear what the Spirit says. So let's listen closely . . .






Tuesday, May 11, 2010

This coming Sunday, I will not be teaching. Becky McReynolds will teach. I told you the lesson would come from Leviticus, but she may change her mind about that. We'll let you know when she decides, so just hang loose.

I've begun my study of the 10th plague, the Passover, which I will begin teaching on Sunday, May 23. We will try to cover Exodus chapters 11 and 12, but I'm not making any promises we'll get that far in one lesson.

One thing that struck me on a first reading was how angry Moses was with Pharaoh when he pronounced the last plague. The Bible has a lot to say about anger. We won't spend a lot of time on it because this is really not the point, but I would like you to think about why Moses was angry and how he handled it. Was it "good anger" or "bad anger"? What characterizes each type of anger?

1 comment:

  1. Moses told pharaoh that he would never see his face again.Likewise pharaoh said the same,only adding that Moses would die if he did. So I guess I am a little confused about the next tme Moses talks to pharaoh. Anyway, it seems that his anger is sudden and unexpected,(by the reader) but my best guess is that Moses was losing patience with pharaoh, Even though God tells Moses what to expect each time. I would have been done with this guy about plague #3! I think his anger is righteous?..because I think Moses is tired of pharaoh not having fear of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete